- Turned inherited money into an even greater and more vastly hyped fortune.
- Teetered towards bankruptcy on several occasions but was bailed out by a parent.
- Turned the family surname into a nationally recognized brand, though not one always of the highest quality.
- Left his wife for a Broadway starlet.
- Had an intense dislike of Mexico that bordered upon paranoia, which he incorporated into his platform.
- Railed against the political machines of both the Republican and Democratic parties, and sought "to convince voters that their government, as constituted, was incapable of meeting their needs and he alone was capable of rescuing it from the stranglehold of trust-controlled and corrupted politicians.”
- Was despised by the leader of the Republic Party who noted "his extraordinary popularity among the ‘have-nots’” and wrote of him, “He preaches the gospel of envy, hatred and unrest. His actions so far go to show that he is entirely willing to sanction any mob violence if he thinks that for the moment votes are to be gained by so doing … He cares nothing for the nation, nor for any citizen in it … He is the most potent single influence for evil we have in our life.” [emphasis added]
The answer is after the JUMP.